It’s the end of 2014, and I thought I’d just check in and see how the year went.
It feels like yesterday when I was standing in a white room with a group of other comics wannabes wondering If I was ever going to survive the rather crazy life of a stand up comic.
Now looking back, I can’t believe everything I have done and achieved in just 12 months.
I managed to:
- Survive the course, followed by actually performing on stage in front of 40+ people
- Book in an open mic gig and perform (or die to be precise)
- Set up a monthly pro comedy night in Notting Hill know as the Underground Comedy Club
- Meet loads of pro and semi‐pro acts
- Learn all about the behind‐the‐scenes of the stand up comedy world
- Perform 30 gigs around London
- Completely die on stage by forgetting everything only 2 mins in!
- Create a website, Facebook page and Twitter profile (still a little confusing)
- Write 150 blog posts
- Create a mini Dan cartoon character
- Start the ball rolling in animation
- Start the ball rolling in comic strips
- Enter two competitions
- Have 3 brilliant gigs where I basically stormed it (we’ll ignore the rest for now)
- Watch almost 30 gigs of pro comedy nights as home work
- and finally… make loads of new comedy chums
It’s been a great year and whenever I think I haven’t achieved anything, I’ll just look back at this list.