It’s 2 steps forward, 1.82 steps back when it comes to growing a following for the Underground Comedy Club.
Each time I think I have got things under control and the word is spreading, I am suddenly slapped in the chops by a massive drop in ticket sales.
There appears to be no pattern to the ticket sales. One month we sell 52 tickets and next it’s under 30 and then it could be followed by 52 again or 12!
It just doesn’t make any sense. I need to think outside the box.
Things to do
- Invest money in advertising
- Get a website for Underground Comedy Club: having it under Dan Tambling Comedy is a little confusing
- Switch flyers for a few A4 posters in the pub
- Go weekly as a way of increasing awareness
- Create generic flyers to hand out at the end of the night so there’s no waste
- Reduce the tickets to £5 online and on the door
Thing I will no longer be doing
- Handing out flyers on the street: After doing this for 8 months I just do not feel it is money and time well spent
- Worrying about if people will come though the door