- All scripts must be written for the location: Shed. This can include both inside and outside and even on top.
- The script must stay within the confines of the chosen room/area, no other rooms/areas can be incorporated and the script must be in relation to the chosen room/area.
- The script must include at least the core performer (Dan Tambling)
- 5 speaking characters maximum (excluding non speaking extras)
- The scripts must be 3 minutes maximum, and be written in the correct layout using CELTX or Final Draft or similar software. (please send as PDF file).
- The correct fee must be paid via the PayPal link on the website per script otherwise the script will be void.
- Entry fees can be paid anytime before script entry, though are non refundable.
- The competition will officially launch on 4th April.
- You have until 23.59 BST on 4th June to submit your script to us.
- We will then select 12 – 16 scripts to be shortlisted, which will be announced on the 11th June.
- The shortlisted winners will then have the opportunity to refine and resubmit their script, following our feedback, the deadline for which will be a week later at 23.59 BST on 18th June.
- We will then choose the three final scripts to be filmed, which will be announced on the 25th June.
- The filmed scripts will be open for public voting when they are released as part of the ‘12 Comedy Sketches in a Shed’ series on the Dan Tambling Comedy YouTube channel, and will have a set two weeks to accumulate votes.
- When the two week voting period for the third and final sketch is over, we will announce the winner, initially scheduled for 31st Sep.