It’s been a great night. The audience of 41 were well up for a night of interaction and laughing. The comics were pulling rabbits out of hats like there was no tomorrow. I felt organised, calm and excited, as well as up for the nigh, and we even made a small profit.
- Being organised and setting up a few hours before the night
- Using visuals to help me an lib off
- Using visuals to link to comics and about comics
- Getting comics to arrive a little earlier so my blood pressure stayed low
What could be even better:
- Learning more about the comics especially their names and their latest gigs
- Even more uplifting music
- Starting with a joke before the rules
- Getting the staff to realise the comedy is on. Phones off and whispering when needed
From my comedy perspective, I have a platform to build off. I will stick to the visuals as part of my performance. I will repeat the formula I had created of involving the rules at the start with some random news of the week and month or even year. Followed by links to the acts and material extracted from their own websites so it all looks nice and professional.